Privacy & Cookies Policy
1. Who we are
This website is operated by Artorca Limited, 13 - 15 Regent Street, Nottingham, NG1 5BS, United Kingdom (“Artorca”).
2. Purpose of this privacy statement
Personal information means information which identifies you, and includes information such as your name, email address, telephone number and password, [as well as any other personal data collected].
3. Notification of changes to privacy statement
4. Collection of your personal information
For buyers: If you are not registered with us, the information we collect about you is limited. Please refer to section 7 below, detailing the anonymous data we collect.
For artists: To be able to sell your artwork through our website, you must register with us. When registering with us, you will be provided with an account to assist you when selling your art through our platform. In addition to the non-personal information described above under “Unregistered Users”, we will collect personal information including your name, email address, delivery address, telephone number, short description of your work and password [as well as any other personal data collected].
For buyers: If you choose to register with us, you will be provided with an account to assist you when buying art through our platform. You may also benefit from future added features of our website. In addition to the non-personal information described above under “Unregistered Users”, we will collect personal information including your name, email address, delivery address, telephone number and password [as well as any other personal data collected].
5. Our use of your personal information
We will only use your personal information to fulfil your requests for information, your offer to sell your art or your order (as applicable) and to manage your account with us. We will only process data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail or post. When we ask you for personal information it may include the following purposes:
- we may contact you occasionally to inform you of new products and services we will be providing;
- we may send you requested information on our products and services;
- we may use your personal information to process your order;
- we may use your personal information for marketing purposes;
- we may use your personal information internally to administer this website and help us improve our services.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from us and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list, please e-mail us at the address given below with “Email Unsubscribe” in the subject heading. email@example.com.
You may also wish to write to us at the address given below, under section 15 “feedback”
If you choose to unsubscribe from our mailing lists, we will hold your contact details on file marked so that we do not contact you again. This is so that we do not contact you if your details are subsequently provided to us by a third party.
7. Anonymous data collected through this website
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally; it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website.
Our website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
Likewise, if you reached our website by clicking on a link or advertisement on another website, we also log that information. This assists us to maximize our Internet exposure as well as understand the interests of our users. All of this information is collected and used only in the aggregate: it is entered into our database, where we can use it to generate overall reports on our visitors, but not reports about individual visitors.
We use Google analytics cookies to research certain usage and activities on our website. No personal data about you is shared. However, in the course of conducting this research Google analytics may place a unique "cookie" on your browser.
A cookie is a small file which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard disc and helps us understand and track your use of the site and where it can improve the information and services provided.
To enable or disable cookies, you will have to follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the ‘Help’, ‘Tools’ or ‘Edit’ facility of your browser’s menu). You may also wish to refer to the website www.allaboutcookies.org.
To disable Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Following the revision of the EU E-privacy Directive and the new legal requirements on cookies, we are closely following the Information Commissioner’s Office guidance and ensure we are in line with it.
9. Disclosure of your personal information
- In order to provide you with the information or products which you have requested, your personal information may occasionally be transferred or shared with third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your personal information in order to support our information technology or to handle mailings on our behalf.
- We will keep your contact details on our database and may, from time to time, e-mail or post you information to make you aware of our other similar products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive e-mails or post from us for these purposes, please let us know by following the “unsubscribe” procedure set out above.
- We may also disclose your personal information to other businesses who may wish to receive and use research data about you.
- We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our flotation on a stock exchange, sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution, disposal of all or part of our assets or similar event. We will inform you of any such transfer or disclosure as required by law.
- Where you have consented, we may share your personal information with other companies whose products and services may be of interest to you.
Where appropriate, before disclosing personal information to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
In the event of a merger/acquisition or company reorganisation, the user data may be part of the transferred assets and are likely to be disclosed to the new company.
10. Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your personal information, we will disclose to you the personal information we hold about you, for which we may make a charge as allowed by applicable law.
We will also correct, amend or delete any personal information that you tell us is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us at our registered address or email address below.
Requests to delete personal information are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
11. Unauthorised third party access to your information
Despite the security measures we have in place to protect your personal data (firewalls, password access, etc) you acknowledge that your personal information may be accessed by unauthorized third party, e.g. as a result of an illegal activity.
In the unlikely event of such access, we may notify you via email (using the address you have provided us) of such occurrence.
12. Links to other websites
13. Transfer of data abroad
If you are visiting this website from a country other than the country in which our servers are located (currently United Kingdom), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries.
14. Governing Law